1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream sugar, salt, butter, and vanilla.
3. Stir in 2 eggs 1 at a time.
4. Mix flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
5. Alternate adding milk and flour mix to egg mix.
6. Blend well.
7. Coat your skillet with the vegetable oil.
8. Heat oil in preheated oven.
9. Pour in your mix.
10. Bake until cornbread pulls from sides of skillet and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.